Benefits of Hypnotherapy
Can hypnosis really help me? What are the benefits of going to a hypnotherapist? These are some of the most common questions asked when people consider going to see a hypnotherapist. Some people are understandably a little apprehensive about considering hypnotherapy as a treatment, usually because of misconceptions by what they have seen on the television or in films. The benefits that come from hypnosis will quickly make you a believer.
- Smoking Cessation—This is probably the most common reason that people seek out hypnosis. We all know the reasons that smoking is bad for our health. If often takes more than just knowing that smoking is a dangerous, deadly habit, and the leading cause of cancer to make us quit once and for all. With just one hypnosis session, you can walk out of the office as a nonsmoker, for the rest of your life!
- Hypnosis can help you lose weight and keep it off–This is probably the second most common reason that people seek out hypnosis. We all know there is no magic formula for weight loss. Move more, eat less. Knowing and doing are two very different things. Hypnosis can naturally decrease your desire for foods that do not benefit your health. Hypnotherapy is proven to be more effective than just dieting alone when it comes to weight loss. You already know how much better you will feel as you look in a mirror and see a slimmer, fitter more vibrant more energetic you.
- Hypnosis can eliminate chronic pain– If you have a disease or ailment that leaves you in frequent pain like Fibromyalgia, Arthritis or Migraines then you already know that sometimes it feels like nothing will stop the pain. Medications don’t always work and they put chemicals in your body that make you question the seemingly endless side effects. Hypnosis can greatly reduce the severity of your pain, as well as extend the time between attacks and even eliminate them altogether, ensuring you are comfortable and pain free for as long as possible.
- Hypnosis can reduce stress – Stress can cause serious illness such as heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and sleep disorders. If you have a lot of stress in your life, then your body is constantly in a high alert state. Fear, anger, rage, these are natural neurological responses to perceived threat. Hypnosis, through mindfulness and psycho education on how the mind works changes the perceived threat, so you are naturally calmer and more efficient in your day to day work. There is nothing for you to do; hypnosis does the work for you.
- Hypnosis can help deal with trauma– If you have been stuck and unable to successfully change your feelings, thoughts or behaviors, it is likely that you are being affected by experiences from your past. When fueled by the ongoing influence of past events, emotional problems, troubling thoughts, destructive behaviors and relationship difficulties can seem impossible to overcome. Hypnosis can gently and painlessly resolve trauma. Ghosts from the past vanish instantly and their negative effects are gone as well.
- Hypnosis for sleep improvement – Not getting enough sleep can have serious effects on your health and quality of life. Sleepless night can cause many physical ailments and weaken your immune system. Hypnosis addresses the psychological problem that is causing the sleep disturbance while at the same time it puts the body in a deeply relaxed state that helps the body and mind become rejuvenated.
- Hypnosis can promote deep relaxation – Anti anxiety medications are prescribed daily for people who feel stressed and anxious. Hypnosis can help you find peace. Just an hour of hypnosis for relaxation can give you the same feeling of awakening refreshed after a full night’s sleep. Relive your stress, eliminate distractions and experience wonderful relaxation. You can also learn the exact techniques to create this peacefulness anytime you want, anywhere you are. You can become more creative, better at problem solving, less irritable, and you can reduce your risk of health problems.
- Hypnosis can help you change your behavior – Are you the kind of person that is always snapping at others? Do you get irritated and angry often? Do you have trouble managing your anger? Hypnosis can help you change your behavior patterns so that you can be healthier and happier. Often behavioral patterns are learned in childhood, and hypnotic suggestions given while you’re in a deep hypnotic state can help you get rid of those old messages telling you to behave in certain ways and replace the with messages to act in new, more appropriate ways. If you are trying to recover from the effects of a dysfunctional family or an abusive childhood, hypnosis can help eliminate the unhealthy patterns that you learned. Hypnosis can help you identify with the real underlying issues in your life that make you react to thing the way you do.
- Hypnosis for public speaking – Stage fright and the fear of public speaking is one of the most common fears that people have. Hypnosis boosts confidence, decreases anxiety, and improves self image, so that you can stand in a room of 3 to 300 as though you are talking to your best friends. Other fears and phobias can hold a person back from experiencing life to its fullest. (Think airplanes, spiders, snakes). Hypnosis can help banish or overcome fears forever.
- Hypnosis can help treat Anxiety and Depression– Many people are reluctant to take medication to treat anxiety and depression because they don’t want to become dependent on these notoriously addictive medicines. Other people just can’t seem to find a medication that works for them. Enjoy the benefits of hypnotherapy using this drug free and effective way to calm anxiety and to treat the symptoms of depression. Hypnosis easily eliminates the triggers of anxiety and depression, ensuring a happier, more positive, more productive life for you and those around you.